Here at Koala T Carpet Cleaning, we want to take a moment and address the COVID-19 pandemic.
For many members in our community, this is not only taking a toll on us physically, mentally, and emotionally, but financially as well. Due to businesses being closed, many of us have had our hours cut substantially, or have lost our employment altogether.
As a cleaning service, we are exempt from the mandatory shutdown and are still able to provide our dedicated team with paying jobs. Many people are taking advantage of this time to support their local small businesses, and we thank every one of you who have scheduled a cleaning and are keeping our doors open!
While we all wait out this shelter-in-place order, and are spending more time than ever in our homes, now is a great time to get your carpet, upholstery, tile, or air ducts cleaned. We would be happy to come out and give you a free estimate and provide one or more of these services for you.
To thank our community for their support, we are offering discounts or payment plans for businesses, and for personal residences who have been specifically affected financially due to this crisis.
We are also putting specific safety practices in place to protect both ourselves and you when we are at your home or place of business.
For financial assistance all throughout the month of April, we are offering either:
- 15% off your total bill.
- 3 month no interest payment plan.
Our safety practices include:
- Disinfecting equipment in between each job.
- Wearing gloves the whole time we are on your property.
- Wearing masks (if the customer is feeling any symptoms, or simply for the customer’s peace of mind)
- Practicing social distancing wherever possible.
- Emailing all receipts rather than handing out physical copies.
Below is some information that highlights how carpet cleaning and our other services can keep your home cleaner and safer during this time.
These times are trying and stressful in every way possible, but as a community, we will get through this together. Be safe, and protect one another.
Please call or email us with any questions. We would be happy to answer them.
Office (970) 663-2660
Cell (970) 214-4735
Protect others and protect yourself
With the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) becoming a pandemic, many are looking for new measures they can adopt to protect themselves and others from contracting or spreading the disease. With the stay-at-home order in place, we have received many phone calls recently wanting to know if cleaning the carpet in a home or office would be a viable measure one can take to prevent or remove germs that may be associated with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the answer we give is yes.
Use the right products
Just like any Germ; bacteria, virus, fungi or airborne disease, the best defense for preventing illness from the coronavirus is to avoid being exposed along with cleaning and disinfecting your work and living space. Maintaining a clean and sanitary surrounding at all times is essential for preventing the virus from spreading to you, your loved ones, family and friends.
When our company is called out for the specific reason of eliminating germs from a home or office, our go to method is the use of an EPA approved disinfectant such as Pure Green 24. See “Using the right cleaning system” below for our process.
The benefits of Pure Green 24 disinfectant solution
- It is an EPA registered disinfectant solution recommended for use in hospitals and medical facilities, and is fungicidal and virucidal.
- Continues to work for 24 hours after application.
- It is suitable for use around children, pets and the chemically sensitive.
- Is safe for residential use and leaves no odor.
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Although at the time of this writing there is currently no vaccine to prevent or cure the coronavirus disease, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention) states “Current evidence suggests that novel coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials. Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.” They also state “For soft (porous) surfaces such as carpeted floor, rugs, and drapes, remove visible contamination if present and clean with appropriate cleaners”.
So along with cleaning and sanitizing your hard surface items, cleaning your carpet is definitely recommended by the CDC.
It is important to note there is currently no evidence that COVID-19 can be transmitted from soft surfaces like fabric or carpet to humans but it is certainly a good preventative measure to ensure any hard or soft surface be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized with hot water and a good disinfectant.
Using the right cleaning system
A professional carpet cleaning company when requested to clean for the purposes of eliminating germs and bacteria from the carpet fibers would follow a process similar to the one we use below;
- Pre spray all carpeted areas using a hydro-force sprayer with an enzyme based cleaning agent.
- Thoroughly brush in the product working it deep into the carpet fibers using a floor machine with a floating carpet brush.
- Then extract the carpet with a truck mounted steam cleaning system using a neutral pH rinsing solution at a temperature between 180-240 degrees.
- Spray down Pure Green 24 disinfectant as the final step.
Other precautionary steps
If you are planning on having your carpet cleaned and sanitized by a professional carpet cleaning company you may want to also check if they perform any of these following services using the same antimicrobial products mentioned earlier. Many companies are capable of offering these multiple services all in one appointment which will greatly enhance the cleanliness of your home or business;
- Have your upholstery such as sofas, sectionals, loveseats, chairs, ottomans cleaned
- Have each member of the household’s mattresses cleaned and sanitized
- Deep steam clean and sanitize your kitchen and bathroom floor tiles
- Have your HVAC air duct system cleaned, filter changed, and have the company fog the system with an EPA approved disinfectant using a (ULV) wet fogger
Disinfectant & Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs. This process does not ensure the removal of the coronavirus (COVID-19) but by killing germs associated with bacteria, virus, and fungi can further lower the risk of spreading infection.